Sunday, April 19, 2009

Felted Scarves

As I mentioned last post I have been hermitted away in my house for the last few weeks felting like crazy. Here are a few of the scarves I made. Above are some 'holy' scarves made by laying out a diamond grid over a very thin layer of wool fibres and then teasing the thin bottom layer apart to create slightly rounded holes rather than a more rigid, geometric grid. I like the effect but I think the next ones will have an even looser grid with larger holes and more forced irregularity in the felting process so that the grid is not as well aligned. You know, work twice as hard to make something that looks like it took half the time.
Eden is totally baffled by the brown scarf. She is aware that I have control over what colour I make things and cannot comprehend any reason good enough to make anything brown on purpose. She tells me that the brown one can be for Arlo and she will wait until I make a purple one she can wear.

No comments: