Sunday, August 2, 2009

Eden is Four!!

And her mouth is full of ice cream cake! It's hard to believe that she has been here for four years. Some days she seems so much older that I forget she is still so little. Eden is careful and cautious and precise. She loves reading and baking and talking about being a ballerina. She hates getting wet accidentally, peas and being woken up. She can be so much like me that I fear her teen years. And yet where would I be without her.
You never know who you will get when you have children. They are their own people from the moment they arrive and come with so much to teach their parents about patience and love and wonder that it makes your throat ache just thinking about it.... now I am feeling a bit weepy....

I know that having kids is not the only way to live a full life. But in my life, I know that Eden and Arlo have made me a better person. Hopefully, I can give them respect and freedom and the ability to be whoever they were meant to be.

1 comment:

badbabs said...

It's a good thing that I'm reading this in the office here at home because I'd be a bubbering idot if I was there. Now you can truly appreciate how I feel about you. (even in your teen years!)(and Dean too)There's just nothing to compare or replace the joys with. Enough of this. Love Mum