Friday, February 27, 2009

Pajamas

Pajamas are a contentious issue in our house. There is a staunch anti-pajama faction here trying to sway me to the dark side, naked sleeping. I am, on the other hand, quite fond of being swathed in huge yardages of flannel. My choices for night ware have been dubbed (not fondly) 'passion killers'. I get it. I know there are no magazines of alluring women covered in yards of fabric. I just can't sleep without pajamas though. I have tried and I inevitably wake in the night from a dream in which people wander through my house and catch a glimpse of my hindquarters sticking out of the covers. My house is not filled with wandering people I am simply filled with irrational fears of my bottom being exposed while I sleep.

So here are the compromise mu-mu pajamas. They are a rough approximation of a nightie I had years ago. They are not flannel. They are not old man style pajama pants and a button up shirt. They are not alluring either, but it seems that this is as much of a compromise as I can make. In an act of good faith I threw the 'passion killers' in the garbage.

1 comment:

dark cloud said...

perhaps you need to move to a rally warm country like austrlaia, in a heat wave no clothes is the only way you can sleep, i must admit i too was like you but now i have been converted and can get a goods night sleep in the nude!