Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fine Friends

One of my dearest friends, dark cloud blue sky, sent me a bunch of very old dress patterns a few years ago and now that the girls are not getting up at all hours I have finally had a look through and found one that I love. It is meant to be a nightgown, floor-length and with a bow at the empire waist (you know I could not have that). Or, alternately, worn mu-mu style with no gathering at all. I have found that I am way to short to wear a tent so I ruled that option out right away. The only thing the pattern lacks is pockets but I will add some the next time I make it.

I think I lived almost exclusively in dresses last summer and since all I can think about at the moment is the end of *&%@! winter, I am working on my summer wardrobe. This dress is perhaps also a bit short. I think it would benefit from a great slip rather than more length though as the problem is mainly evident in the bending over. Since I am the only one here who picks things up off the floor, I do rather a lot of bending over
. The pins are from, of course, Postmodern Hausfrau. She is the source of all my fashionable accessories I noticed, since I was actually looking for another knitted pin that she sent me and, lacking time substituted these sweet pins, but did in that search find two other pins she sent me in years past. And I found another two pins from dark cloud blue sky.
Really, I have the greatest friends.

No comments: