Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Heaven

Salted caramels are nothing new. And dipped caramels are the first chocolates to disappear from any box entering my house. But seriously, someone should have warned me what would happen if I made them myself. Sigh, I am in love...

Boss Hog and I make dipped chocolates every Christmas for our friends and family. This year (after the mad rush of the holidays was well past) I decided to take on caramels and perfect them for next years giving. And now I have to stop perfecting them or I will surely be twice my natural size by the end of this year.

They are pure love. Soft, creamy caramels dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled lightly with salt. My husband realized when he saw me slumped in a kitchen chair with chocolate smeared on my mouth that I might trade him in for more sweet, sweet caramel. Yup.

There is something totally reassuring in knowing only the best ingredients went into these chocolates. All natural. No weird, hard to pronounce stabilizers. And yet there is something so dangerous in knowing that most of these ingredients are totally ordinary and rather close to hand every single day in my kitchen. I am not even going to post my recipe. It is too dangerous. It is out there and I will give it to you if you NEED it. But be warned, it is both a blessing and a curse.

No comments: