Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nothing Like a Time Crunch

Nothing like a time crunch to make you try a new medium. My friend surprised us all by giving birth to a sweet baby boy three weeks early. Needless to say my powers of organization do not stretch quite this far. I had bought an organic cotton sleeper and a stuffy bunny (which Arlo was quite upset to have to wrap and part with) but had not had a chance to pick up a card. And thank goodness for that.

I searched about a bit on the net for inspiration and made myself a paper flower card. I have not given paper the credit it is due and for that I am sorry. I was telling my friend Robin about a book I was reading that took place in North Carolina before the Revolutionary war. I said the thing that struck me more than the wilderness in the book was the nearly complete lack of paper for people to write on. It made me take more care with recycling.

And from that I have progressed to a love of the beautiful Japanese papers. Another dear friend gave me a package of paper ends from Paper Ya in Granville Island and these bits are what I used for this welcome to the world card for sweet baby James.

No comments: