Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Dark Cloud!

For the last um, five years every single present I have sent dearest Dark Cloud has been late. Not just a bit late either. A lot late, like a month or two late. So imagine how exciting it was to talk to her the other day and hear that her birthday present had arrived early. I made a very strangely sized quilt. It's not big enough for a bed and too square even for a single bed but maybe good to wrap yourself in while you watch a movie. I don't make very many quilts but I really liked making this one. The black flowers fabric is one I bought years ago and could never use for fear of not having it anymore. Now I know it has a good home though and I can relax and hunt down more dream fabric. Not much of a struggle I'm afraid. Happy Birthday Dark Cloud Blue Sky!!

2 comments:

dark cloud said...

i love it! thanks so much, in fact it is keeping me warm right now!

and it has inspired me to keep making quilts!

love you!

Anonymous said...

oh wow! that's gorgeous! what an amazing present :)