Saturday, January 10, 2009

Freezer Paper Strikes Again

My dad is crazy for sailing so he is doomed to receive sailing themed gifts forevermore. I was of course pretty out of control making gifts up to the very last minute this Christmas. Then suddenly I realized that my parents were coming up to stay with us two days BEFORE Christmas. For well organized people this may not have resulted in chaos, but for me it was pure panic. I not only had to have his gift ready for Christmas morning but I had to have it ready by the 23rd!! So the lining fabric for this hair-friendly, non-touque, uptown hat wrap was not my first choice. It was way too plain even for a serious minded gentleman of sophisticated tastes (my dad) so I quickly cut out a freezer paper stencil in the rough approximation of a sail boat. Voila. Customized in ten minutes. I love you freezer paper.





1 comment:

badbabs said...

I thought I'd figured this out but no such luck. I loved the bread it was so different than anything I'd ever made. Yum Yum Mom