Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Black and White

Here's a quilt I have been waiting to finish for WAY too long. However, in this case I think procrastination has paid off. I finally found the perfect flannel for the back. Amazingly, nearly ten years after I found the black flower print on the from that I hard-core love, I found a flannel print that matches up really well and doesn't scream "kids pajamas"!

And to top off the serendipity of this quilt production, my in-laws stopped by on Saturday and took the kids for two hours and I managed to get all the machine quilting done without smoke coming out of my sewing machine. Now I need to bind the edges and finish the printing and hand sewing parts in the large empty grey rectangles and then straight into the mail without a moment to lose.

No comments: