Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blue Steel

Check out Eden sending out her best 'blue steel' in her new (so new she isn't even getting it until Christmas) purple housecoat. My husband, who incidentally wishes to be forever here refered to as 'boss hog'? (um, we may need marital counselling but that's another post) is gripped with the desire to present her with a licqorice pipe in her stocking an start calling her 'heff'. I adapted a pattern I had for a quilted coat/jacket by staring at both the pattern and my own housecoat until they had fused into this and I think it might be one of my most satisfying sewing projects ever. I made one for Eden and a smaller one for Arlo and they both fit perfectly and had to be worn all day and then hidden away for Christmas under cover of darkness. It's a rare occasion when I sing the praises of toddlers short attention spans but it does come in handy from time to time.

No comments: