Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Grandpa N's Quilt

Here's the other reason I haven't been posting much lately. This quilt is for Boss Hog's dad. I started it last fall intending it to be a birthday gift and now it is three months too late or nine months too early. Either way, we are lucky because Grandpa N is VERY easy going and will no doubt be very gracious regardless of my lousy timing. The top photo is Arlo after about 10zillion attempts to get her to pretend sleep for a photo. "Ha," she says, there is not a camera fast enough to catch me with my eyes closed.
Eden on the other hand, is always up for pretend sleeping. It's one of her favourite activities. Arlo hates this of course, as it usually means Eden appointing herself the 'mom' and repeatedly putting 'baby' Arlo to bed. The fights that result are delightful, I assure you.
The one good thing about the delay in getting this quilt quilted was that I came up with a much simpler method of quilting it than I originally envisioned. After shoving the wedding quilt through my little sewing machine a few hundred times to make circles of stitching around the stars, I decided only to sew in straight lines until I forgot the pain of sewing my own finger. Seriously. I am a crafting martyr.

2 comments:

dark cloud said...

wow quilt mania at your place. they both look so good. infact your one for grandp n makes me want to start another one.

Marcia said...

Did you really sew through your own finger?! Lucky you don't knit too, or you would be extra sad with your ouchy finger.

Hope you are finding time to revive this week!